EDEN RACING WELCOMES GLENN SCOTT
Feb 05, 2018
As part of Eden Racing’s commitment to ongoing improvement and growth of our business, our owners experience and overall lift in professionalism I am delighted to announce the appointment of our first Racing & Business Manager in Glenn Scott.
Many of you will know of or will have met Glenn previously as he has assisted Eden Racing over the past three and half years in a private consultancy role along with being part of the Eden Racing Management Group.
Glenn brings to the business significant leadership, business and sporting knowledge and experience from a very successful career spanning over 40 years.
Glenn’s impressive CV includes positions as:
- General Manager of Goodyear Australia in a career of 20 years
- CEO of Geelong Supercats in the NBL in the mid nineties
- CEO of the Victorian Country Football League (now AFL Vic Country) for over 10 years including President of the Aust. Country Football Council for 6 years
- A number of successful marketing and management consultancy projects including Racing Vic and Harness Racing Vic.
- Most recently 3 years as General Manager of the Werribee Racing Club having taken it from a struggling Club to back on track having resigned from the role just prior to Christmas and finishing there at the end of January. The experience at Werribee also included direct involvement with the international horses quarantined at Werribee each year for the big Melbourne spring races.
Glenn has had a lifelong interest and passion for the racing industry including horse ownership and has been a VRC and MVRC Member for a number of years.
I am thrilled with Glenn’s appointment as if we are to match it with the very successful and well established medium and larger training operations we must have the right structure and business model. I am really looking forward to Glenn’s impact on the business together with his personal support and guidance.
Glenn will have direct responsibility across the board in key areas such as staffing, structure and roles, all matters to do with the ownership base including communication and relationships, the owners experience and enjoyment, building the ownership base, planning, marketing, finances and key decision making plus a mentoring role to myself which I will really welcome.
I know in starting today Glenn is extremely positive and excited about the future of Eden Racing however he has emphasised to me that we have plenty of hard work to do and major decisions to make along the way if we are to be legitimately considered a consistently successful “high level” stable in today’s extremely competitive and demanding racing industry.
I trust you share with Miranda and I in welcoming Glenn to Eden Racing and we wish him all the best.
Glenn can be contacted on 0438 230 330 and we will advise his stable email address ASAP but in the interim he can be reached on firstname.lastname@example.org